Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
CEF’s mission is to evangelize unchurched children with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, disciple them, and establish them in a local church for Christian living. CEF accomplishes this mission through a variety of different ministries during the summer and school year, going to where children are outside of church walls. CEF also offers college-accredited training courses and other training opportunities to equip workers to reach children effectively for Christ.
Psalm 23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
We praise God for being our Shepherd, provider, restorer.
Praise God with us:
1. We had a great time teaching the Word of God to the children during the keynote speaker times at the INCH Conference (Homeschool Conference). There were 189 children that attended at least one session, and 1 child that trusted Christ as her Savior. We also had the opportunity to share about the ministry of CEF in the exhibit hall.
2. A large contribution for the roof was received last week.
3. Doug and I were able to give a ministry update at Holt Baptist Church yesterday.
4. Beth G returned safely from a conference she attended in Kentucky.
1. Two young people attending Christian Youth In Action need to be interviewed. Pray for all 7 young people attending CYIA and Summer Missionary Assistant training to have the money they need for the fees.
2. Funds for summer ministry are still needed. These funds help to pay for our space at the fair, summer missionaries, and travel expenses for the staff during the summer months.
3. The roof fund is at about 25% of our goal of $12,000. Continue to pray for funds to come in for this project.
4. We have a CYIA planning mtg. in Grand Rapids.
5. Pray as we make final preparations for CYIA and SMA training. CYIA is ; SMA is .
Help needed: If you are available to come helpmornings, we could use help in preparing prize baggies for the fair ministry and laminating visuals for students coming to CYIA/SMA. We try to begin at on Tuesdays here at the CEF, Capital Area office, 4215 W. Mt. Hope Hwy, Lansing. Thank you.
Maryann Hammar, for all the staff