Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
CEF’s mission is to evangelize unchurched children with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, disciple them, and establish them in a local church for Christian living. CEF accomplishes this mission through a variety of different ministries during the summer and school year, going to where children are outside of church walls. CEF also offers college-accredited training courses and other training opportunities to equip workers to reach children effectively for Christ.
Capital Area CEF Annual Fall Banquet
Make Him Known
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Kingdom LIfe Church on MLK just north of Jolly Rd.
Kingdom Lights from Colonial Village Baptist Church
Mark Criss - speaker
special dinner music
testimonies from summer missionaries.
Free. An offering will be taken to assist in the ministry of reaching the children with the gospel in the Lansing area.
RSVP by October 10, 2014
Praise and Prayer Requests for October 13, 2014
Praise God with us:
1. A team is ready to begin a Good News Club at a school in Hiawatha; this school district charges for use of the building; God has provided the funds to pay for that club through March!!
2. We were able to share the ministry of CEF in the Capital Area at a Missions Conference over the weekend.
3. Good News Club at one more Lansing school starts today.
4. Over half the money needed for the furnace repairs has been provided.
Please pray with us:
1. For the 24 Good News Clubs that take place each week; for those teaching the clubs; and for the children that attend the clubs.
2. Pray for increased attendance in clubs.
3. Our Annual Fall Banquet is Thursday at 6:30 pm at Kingdom Life Church, 4303 S. MLK BLVD in Lansing. Please pray for our preparation and for a blessed time of fellowship and praising God together. We are hoping to start this club on Oct. 23
4. Pray for the club in Okemos to be approved; Pray for another club in DeWitt to be able to start on Oct. 28; Pray for a family desiring to start a club in Hartland.
5. Pray for God to raise up workers to fill the vacancy that will be left when Sean and Wendy Southwell move to the Shoreline Chapter of CEF.
(Sean became the Local Coordinator for CEF of MI, Shoreline Chapter on Oct. 1. They hope to move to the area in December. They must sell their home here in Lansing and find housing in the New Era, Shelby, Ludington area.
6. Pray for Beth Gonano at the Children’s Ministries Institute. She has 5 weeks left before she returns to work in the Lansing area.
In His Service,
CEF of MI, Capital Area Chapter
4215 W. Mt. Hope Hwy
Lansing, MI 48917